Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Boobooze Christopher Gemelle


Boobooze Christopher Gemelle.

This was the first big personality to emerge. Boobooze happened like a movie. It was Christmas time and we were shopping at the Fashion Island Shopping center in Balboa. They had a huge Christmas tree, much like the one in Rock Center, only this one was always sprayed with white paint that was supposed to resemble snow. I guess Southern California really had no clue. Outside a fancy toy store I first laid eyes on Him. Berjusia was the name of the company that made him, I think. He was an anatomically correct newborn babydoll. I was very specific with santa that year and santa DELIVERED.
I got not only Boobooze but a brand new banana seated bike with streamers and a basket. I remember spending xmas day riding around the whole trailer park with boobooze naked in the basket.
Boobooze became my best friend and my sister Carly's too. Although she also got a doll that was an anatomically correct baby boy, hers was a toddler with blond hair like her own but it was creepy. He actually resembled a blond version of the midget from Fantasy Island more than a baby. His little penis was weird and he was not life like really. We both kind of hated him. I think later he may have become a villian of some sorts. Thats how it worked out for most of the toys that ended up on misfit island. Ah, us children and our need to equate beauty with goodness. Our society reinforces it too. Pretty gross eh?


Booboozie will write cuz dis is bowing oderwize.

Booboozie luvs ninga turdles! and milly venilly. Boobozie wants a krang toy and to be da king of everyfing!
Ampy is da best. She let's Boobozie eat ice cream and trow mommys tings. Mommys tings are dumb. If it was Booboozies choice Booboozie would always eat ice cream and trow tings. Booboozie would live wif Ampy and dance and sing on da stage and be da leader. Booboozie hits da ones who don't wisten to Booboozie. Booboozie tiwered. Beddie time.

Anyway, Boobooze was no toy. He was REAL! I would fill his little mouth with food at every meal (it got so gross in there), I'd buy him boys action figures and toys. He especially loved the Teenage Mutaint Ninja Turtles.
I remember I'd get up early and risk punshishment to watch it with him while my dad slept like an angry bear in the back room. You did NOT want to wake my father up from his sleep. I would watch all my saturday morning cartoons with barely there sound and straining to hear. On more than one occasion my sister and I got punished for doing this. My mother would try to set the vcr to tape them but more often than not the tape would have some kind of royal fuck up and either cut off my favorite shows or miss them completely. You knew you were screwed when Hawaii Five-o came on and that's precisely around the time my night owl musician of a father would wake up. A lot of good that did me.

Next time: THE CRAZY LADIES!, Cousin Mitchipoo, Rick Stenson: a Neil Diamond like pop star emerges, and the Girly Whirls: a whole new angle on valley girls and waaaay before Romy & Michelle were even a twinkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment