Monday, February 8, 2010

You know you're fucking up when a puppy dies in your dream.

Last night I had a shitty nightmare.

I was living in a city that was kind of like a strip mall, you know the all american scream. I was given a task by my grandmother: watch her new puppy while she is at the movies with a friend. I reluctantly agreed.

I took the puppy all around the "mall" with me. I was annoyed with it and more concerned with running my own errands than actually caring for it. Finally I realized that my grandmothers movie was out and I made my way to the theatre where she and her friend virginia were sitting out front on a bench.

I realized just before I reached my grandmother that I hadn't given the puppy ANY water since I'd watched it.My grandmother had specifically told me not to forget to do this as the puppy depended on it.

I handed grandma the puppy. She asked me "did you give him water? He looks a little dry." Not wanting to admit my selfishness I told her that I had indeed. She looked pleased and I walked away and went back to doing "my thing".

The next day I called my grandmother again to find out how her movie was and how the puppy was. She told me he had died from dehydration.

To me this dream is obvious! Stop being such a self-absorbed asshole and make an effort to see more of your grandma! I'm gonna aim for at least once a week, even if its only a short visit.

Its also her birthday on wed! Happy birthday grandma! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. You can tell if a puppy needs water because the limbs will be brittle and crumble easily in your hands.

    ReplyDelete